Heart of the Beast
Heart of the Beast
This past weekend I saw Heart of the Beast, the new Brad Pitt film. This film analyzes the connection between man, dog, and/or pet. Where does our relationship end with our pets? When is the end? Are they part of the family, or do they just hang around? What do we know? I don't really know what we know.
This film shows that the relationship between man and dog can be a complicated and deep one. How far are you willing to sacrifice your life for your pet? Our pets depend on us more than we know. They are like our children. How far would we go for our pets?
This film is full of emotion and survival instincts. Mark Wahlberg plays an Iraqi vet who has come back with his dog after retirement. They are in Alaska discovering nature on a seaplane when a storm is coming; they therefore decide to leave and fly through the weather to beat the storm. Wahlberg's character has a heart attack, and the plane crashes in the Alaskan wilderness. This is an ultimate survival movie and what you would do for your pet.
It gives us peace to know that we can get through any storm, especially with Christ, but how much do we do for others? Are we putting others above ourselves? Or do we just look at ourselves for comfort? We are called to help others; are we doing that?
I know pets aren't the same as family members, but I know many of you think that. What would you do for your pet if you were stranded and only had your pet for survival?
I would think many of us would try to survive and to take care of our pet like a child.
I would recommend this film for anyone who is interested in finding the bond between man and pet. This shows the ultimate survival instincts we have within ourselves and also in our pets.

Comments
Post a Comment