She said Review

 I know I don't usually do a review on just one film but I thought I would make an exception tonight.  The film I am reviewing is SHE SAID.



This film follows two female reporters who are investigating the Harvey Weinstein case.  The film starts slow and unassuming but then slowly moves into a modern All the President's Men with female reporters.  The story is solid and told in a very entertaining way.  

I really was interested in this story because a family member I know was sexually abused and nothing was done about it.  This film can give me some closure on that incident in my life.  No woman should be subjected to this kind of abuse or misconduct in the workplace.  There is no place for it.  

This film addresses an issue that has been a major problem for many companies where there is a powerful head of the company with many women as employees.  These men need to be reported and serve prison sentences.  If no one will speak out then nothing will happen.  Ashley Judd has a great line in the film when she talks about how she needed to be part of this article and that she needed to as a Christian.  

To me, that was an important part of the film.  That there were so many women from all walks of life that were abused by this man is just shocking.  The film had a profound effect on me because of having 2 sisters.  I would never want anything to happen to either one of them.    

I would highly recommend this film every woman should see this film, and every man should be educated from this film about what so many women have been silent about.  Take Care and see you at the movies. 
Lance 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Marley ONE LOVE

Land of Bad

Godzilla x King Kong a new empire