Onward and its controversy








Hello everyone this is Lance here responding to a request from one of my friends to review Onward by Disney.  Onward is an adventure of two teens trying to find their father or the remnants of what is left of him.  It can be very entertaining and shows how important Family can be.  Now addressing the controversy surrounding this film and all the backlash it has had, I don't really know what the controversy was all about.  Yes the film is more aimed on preteen/teen demographic there is nothing really offensive or foul language of any kind.  The one 3 second line that got everyone up was "My girlfriends daughter has me pulling my hair out."  I don't understand that one line from a film would get everyone all bent out of shape.  

The character is only two scenes and is not a focal point on the story at all.  It was blown out of proportion.  Disney's way of trying to keep up with other movie studios has led them to do things they wouldn't normally do.  

If you don't like magic in kids movies or spells scare you or the one line by this cop that pulls the two kids over then I would not recommend it for you.  

But for everyone else with an open mind and a thrill of adventure I would recommend it for just about anyone.  Now I would advise don't have little kids watch it because it can be scary but for me I thought it was entertaining and adventurous.  Also for someone who hasn't always had the best relationship it was good to see a film where two teens wanting to see their dad again even if it was for a few moments.  

I believe anyone who has lost a parent would do anything to see and speak to them again.  We all wish that we can see them again.  We won't see them in this life but we will in the next.  All of you know I am a christian and a minister so I believe I will see my family members again based on my faith.  I know a lot of you would want to see them too.  This film takes that rare occurrence that if we could spend one more moment with those we love we would do it.  

I loved this film but it does need adult supervision for those with small children.  So for me I will give it 3 and a half Karate Chops for movie quality.  For families I would give it 2 1/2 Karate Chops for viewing by every person.  Take Care everyone and enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.  


I do not own rights to this poster it is used under fair use.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Marley ONE LOVE

Land of Bad

Godzilla x King Kong a new empire