Risen

Here is my one Easter movie review.

The movie Risen follows the experience of a Roman Tribune named Clavius.  Clavius is at Jesus' crucifixion.  This Romans think he knows all he needs to about this religious leader when he goes to the cross and looks at the body of Jesus.  He comes to a Roman centurion who cries "this man is innocent!"  The tribune comes the next day and the centurion does not come to his post because he is so distraught.  It is a very interesting take on the Bible in the Easter season I know that Easter was yesterday but I just thought I would give my perspective on it as a pastor and a movie reviewer.

It can be very grotesque with the various bodies that are seen by the tribune and the thieves who were on the cross with Jesus.  I would advise you if you would like to watch it with your children to advise them that the bodies they see are not real so that no child maybe effected.  That is not the main point of this movie, it is about Jesus' triumph over death and rising from the dead ask the Bible states.

I give this movie three Karate Chops and that it is a very good movie for those who like to remember Jesus and his resurrection.  Some of the story takes artistic licence but nothing that would distract you from the original story.

I pray and hope all of you had a good Easter/resurrection day.
God bless you all

This photo is used as fair use.
I am not selling this movie and it is just to inform people about the movie itself.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Marley ONE LOVE

Land of Bad

Godzilla x King Kong a new empire