Greenbook review

Hello everyone out there.  For those of you who don't know me my name is Lance Ware.  I have a Bachelor's degree in Communications.  I grew up in Lake County California,  I went to college in Northwest Oklahoma and I have also lived in Haiti for 10 years as a missionary.  I am an ordained minister and have a Master's degree in Pastoral care and ministry.

Enough about me let's get to the movie.
The one movie that caused the controversy for me on Facebook was Green Book from 2018.  This movie won best picture that year and was critically acclaimed.  Green Book is about an African American musician who decides to leave the comforts of New York City, and embark on a trip with an Italian driver on a tour of the American south in the 1960's.  It shows how an ignorant Italian Tony the Lip, who was prejudice and had preconceived ideas against other African Americans can forgive and forget his ignorance in accepting Dr. Donald Shirley as a friend and family member.

It is a sign to all of us that we all can strive to make a difference and change our way of thinking no matter our background.
I would recommend this for anyone who is interested in traveling movies and are interested in the situation of race relations in the 1960s.  It is very relevant to today because of the racial tensions we see throughout this country today.
I will have a rating system of Karate chops and this one gets 4 Karate Chops for a great movie.
Fair warning for those of you who have no tolerance for racism or language I would not recommend it for you.  It is a good movie for any movie lover.
This picture is for fair use only.
It is not for sale.


Comments

  1. Wow. 2018! Seems like yesterday I saw the commercial. One of my proudest moments was my son watching tv when he was young. He said to look at the lady on tv. I asked which one. He said the one in the green shirt. There were two ladys. One black, one white. The lady in the green shirt was black. He chose the color of her shirt and not her skin color to identify her. I was so proud. That really hit me. Prejudice is learned. Anyway, Lance, how do recommend getting these movies to watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I either rent them or stream them. I also am a DVD collector so I own over 200 DVD and Blu rays. I watch a good amount of movies and just wanted people to know my opinions about movies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Marley ONE LOVE

Land of Bad

Godzilla x King Kong a new empire