Bob Marley ONE LOVE



Now I know this is a little late but I saw this with my daughter on Valentine's Day.  I was my daughter's date.  I know she doesn't like me saying that but that is exactly what I was.  My wife was tired from work so I reluctantly agreed to go see this film about Bob Marley.  I had known the background of Bob Marley and that he died around 1980.  But it was still interesting to see his life on the big screen and see the beginnings of his iconic album EXODUS.  It also shows the relationship between him and his wife.  

She stayed with him even though he had children with other women she still stuck by him.  Now that is a real woman.  The more I watched the film, the more I missed Haiti and the life I had there with my wife and family.  It made me remember when I first was dating my wife and how gitty we were for each other.  

This film is interesting and was done under the supervision of Ziggy Marley who is Bob Marley's son, who is also one of the producers of the film.  You will see Ziggy represented in the film as a child.  Also, the elephant in the room is the religion of Harastafari.  It combines Judeo-Christian beliefs with African mysticism and the belief that Halie Sallacie was the messiah of their religion.  It has its basis in Christianity but you have to be careful that you don't focus on Halie Sallacie being a Messiah, instead, we need to know Jesus is our messiah, don't be deceived.  But those who know the true word will not be deceived.  

The film overall is a good movie there is not a lot of language there maybe some sensuality but most of it is focused on Bob Marley and his life in Jamaica. 

See you at the movies. 

Lance 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Equalizer 2 before Equalizer 3

Land of Bad