The Ride review

 


The Ride is available on Prime Video for your viewing pleasure. 

 Do you ever get that feeling that you are missing something?  That is how I have been feeling recently.  When I watched "The Ride" once again I started to really remember my childhood and where I am originally from.  

The Ride is a film set in Petaluma, CA which is near where I am from in northern California in Clearlake, CA and the surrounding towns in Lake County.  The film is about a young man named John McCord who is taken from his family and sent to juvenile hall at a young age, then is placed in a home for foster care.  John has to battle his demons of his past and also the Aryan brotherhood of his family.  

His foster father is played by Ludacris of Fast and the Furious fame and race becomes factor in their relationship.  They have to come to terms that even if they don't look the same, they are family.  It shows how it is so hard to trust someone into your family that you don't know.  

it is very easy for us to write people off and to give up on kids we think do not have potential.  But the the truth is that we all deserve a second chance.  It also shows how beautiful Northern California is and can be when filmed right.  This is and inspirational story to what you can accomplish when you put love in your heart for those who need it the most.  

Foster kids and troubled youth need our help.  It is up to us to help those in need we can't for others to help when we can help.  That is what the theme of this film is and what we should all strive to do, make a difference in someone's life.  When we do that we may just be saving a life.  

This film shows me what can happen when people put away their differences and strive to make a difference in their family and help all of us become the family we need to be for each other.  

Coming from the area of Lake County near Petaluma I can remember how I felt more independent in California a land where creativity is rewarded.  But I also remember some of the racism that was around whether covert or overt.  We need to expose this form of hate and strive for the love all mankind needs.  

I have a unique perspective because my wife is black and an immigrant.  Everyone in her family doesn't look like me but I love them as my own family, because they are.  I would recommend everyone to see this film, it has some intense scenes of violence but for any teen you have that maybe in trouble have them watch this please.  It just may save their life.

God bless you all

Lance

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Marley ONE LOVE

Land of Bad

Godzilla x King Kong a new empire