The Queens Gambit on Netflix

 


 

 

 Hello everyone I know it has been awhile but I haven't really watched anything I have wanted to review in the past few months but I have come across a few recently.  Last night I just started watching The Queens Gambit on Netflix.  It is an interesting tale of if you have talent and exercise that talent you can do anything.  

The story starts with Elizabeth Harmon, an orphaned girl at after the death of her mother, goes to the Muelen orphanage near Lexingtion, Kentucky.  She meets a friend named Jolene and also a janitor that teaches her chess.  This leads to Harmon's chess ability growing since the age of 9.  When she is adopted by a new family she finally get the chance she needs to expound her chess ability.  She travels all over the world competing in chess tournaments.  

This script is well written, the visuals are picturesque, and it makes you are there in the 1960s with Harmon during all of her competitions.  it has been a great distraction the past 2 days in this cold here in Texas.  I definitely needed to see a masterpiece like this miniseries.  It said it is a limited mini series so I made sure that I would watch it.  

Parental advisory here:  there is a lot of language and adult situations in this miniseries.  It is meant for older teens and also adults, who are not surprised by the way that certain people live their lives.  Also the main character is an alcoholic who is able to overcome her addiction.  So proceed with caution.  

But for the subject matter I haven't seen a better mini series in awhile.  This miniseries should win an emmy and I would recommend it to those who have and open and artistic mind.  

Take care everyone and stay warm. 

Lance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Marley ONE LOVE

Land of Bad

Godzilla x King Kong a new empire