American Ninja film








Many of you who are reading this post are around my age, when we were kids there was a company called Canon Films.  It was the brainchild of Yoram Globus and Menahem Golan.  These two Isreali film makers came to American in the late 70's and most of the 80s before their company went belly up in the 90s. 

But in 1985 they made a film that many believe that it was one of the best movies they ever made.  American Ninja.  This film features Michael Dudikoff as the Joe Armstrong the American Ninja.  Now the title seems far fetched but the film is not really a serious movie at all.  It is a low budget action movie from the 80's but Michael Dudikoff has the look of a James Dean in the 80's with spiked up hair and an overall cool demeanor. 

The story goes that Joe shows up on the army base in the Philippines and notices that there is something fishy going on.  It seems every time there is a shipment in this movie there are ninjas trying to steal merchandise from the army and it seems like everyone is bad. 

But that is when Joe Armstrong stands up for what is right and it makes for a fun goofy action movie that I would recommend for anyone who doesn't take themselves or low budget movies to seriously.  When you are watching a Canon movie expect anything to happen.  They didn't have a lot of money for most movies so just laugh at the screen it can really be a good time.  I watched the film and really enjoyed it.  I remember seeing it years later when I was in 7th grade in 91 and I thought it was the coolest action movie I had seen at that time.  Well I was 13 or 14 my taste wasn't what it is now.  But it still is a cool movie to watch. 

In Haiti they love action movies so when I watched it with people in Haiti they would always shout at the screen and yell American Ninja it is a good time and fun to watch with friends. 

Now for the Vote rating for overall movie 2 and a half Karate Chops.  But for fun and absurdity I would give it 4 Karate Chops.  I will be remembering Canon in other reviews but I saw this on tubi today and it was a wild ride.  Thank you all for supporting this blog.  Thank you and God Bless.

I don't have the rights to this poster it is used as fair use.  MGM and Canon films made this film that I enjoy please support their movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Marley ONE LOVE

Land of Bad

Godzilla x King Kong a new empire